The State Government provides all Victorian children with access to a high quality funded kindergarten program taught by a Bachelor qualified early childhood educator in the year before they begin primary school.
To enrol in our 4 year old funded kindergarten program your child must:
- Be at least 4 years old by April 30 in the year they will attend the program
- Not be enrolled at any other funded kindergarten program
- Must attend the service for a minimum of 2 days a week
Why 4 year old funded kindergarten?
Kindergarten programs have significant benefits for children’s learning, behaviour, and health that extend into their adulthood. Kindergarten programs are designed to improve children’s learning and development in the following areas:
- Social Skills – like how to interact with others in a respectful, collaborative and rewarding way and how to make new friends
- Emotional Skills and Self Awareness – like how to recognise and express their feelings in an appropriate manner
- Language and Literacy Skills – such as letter and number recognition and how to write their name
- Numeracy Skills – such how to count objects and recognise shapes
- Team Work – participating in a range of group discussions and activities
- Thinking Patterns – Exposure to new ideas, concepts and problem solving activities
- Transition to Primary School
What makes our program different?
- At our service children enrolled in our kindergarten program have access to childcare in our 3-5 room before and after each of their kinder sessions and throughout school holidays.
- Our kindergarten program attracts no extra fees – it is included in our long day care fee.
- Meals are provided by our service at no extra charge – in Term 4 we encourage children to bring a nutritious lunchbox from home to assist them with their transition to school.
- Our service provides each enrolled child with one kinder uniform (t-shirt, jumper & hat) at no additional cost, however families are more than welcome to purchase additional items.
- Children are able to participate in a range of fun and educational incursions and excursions at no additional cost to families
- Children can participate in Early Learning Languages Australia program
Preschool Exemption to Child Care Subsidy
Families who have a child enrolled in a kindergarten program at a centre-based day care service such as Dandenong Ranges Childcare Centre that do not meet the activity test for Child Care Subsidy can access 36 hours of subsidised care a fortnight.
This exemption from the activity test only applies for children in the year before they begin primary school and for the duration of the preschool program. More information can be found on the Preschool Exemption Fact Sheet and the Department of Education and Training website.